SPP262 Learnings from Smarter Artist Summit 2017
Released On: May 10, 2017
This year we hosted our second annual Smarter Artist Summit, packed full of great speakers, a crowd of supportive and enthusiastic writers, and Austin Dave. Today, the guys talk about their biggest takeaways, what they learned that surprised them, and how it will change their day-to-day business.
- The guys talk about takeaways from Chris Fox, especially the mindset stuff authors need to be successful. It’s beyond strategies and tactics.
- Sean explains how changing mindset, or reframing, helps him take a task he hates and get a lot more excited about it, from inventory management to team building.
- The guys discuss having permission to do what you want to do.
- Are you treating your author business as a business? Do you have a healthy relationship with money? Sean lists off some questions you should ask yourself.
- Dave talks about how the financial institutions want you to be dumb about money.
- Johnny discusses the importance of brand as an author – yes. It matters more than you think, and Johnny explains why.
- The guys talk about what our team member Clark taught about story engineering, and how he believes you can’t be apologetic about your writing.
- Beaver nuggets? Yes. Find out what they are.
- Christine gave a talk about productivity, and the guys REALLY took that one to heart.
- David Gaughran was the final speaker, and he focused on journeys; not just characters, but readers, writers, and everyone involved within the sphere of a book.
- And our special friend Ben Hale is a great guy. Find out not how, but WHY he takes the time to learn everyone’s name.
- Finally, Dave’s biggest takeaway was those people who were afraid to come but did anyway.
Sean enjoyed the SPP hangout the Monday before the Summit. They got to play rather than work. Dave ate waffle fries and refused the goat cheese.
- Dave is back on the Walking Dave thing, and he got a new FitBit!
- Johnny loves the Stone Table – our new community-oriented mastermind.
Interested in joining next year’s Smarter Artist Summit and get in on all the goodness? The venue is set and you can get more information here!