SPP214 Making the Most with What You Have
Released On: June 15, 2016
When it comes to lean business, bootstrapping, and agile startup, you’ve got to make the best you can with what you have.
- Something cool: Johnny is watching Master of None; Sean’s reading Dad Is Fat, Food: A Love Story, and Bedwetter; Dave’s watching the NBA Playoffs.
- Building a virtual team versus centralizing and organization
- Sean explains how today’s topic is different from iterating and optimizing
- StoryShop is a great example of a lean and agile startup and the minimum viable product, and Sean explains the thought process behind it
- Big visions are great, but you can’t leap to the end result
- Sean talks about how waiting for StoryShop’s delay shouldn’t delay your writing, and why
- Dave shares his own experience with the Ira Glass ‘talent’ mentality
- Johnny re-iterates the difference between minimum product and minimum viable product
- Sean explains how you have more creative freedom when you’re bootstrapping
- Focusing on what you do have versus focusing on what you DON’T have
- How honest do you need to be with yourself when it comes to what phase your business is in?
- Johnny discusses the actual tools a business needs to grow and related costs.
- The MailChimp and AWeber problem and business budget
- DON’T REGRET TOMORROW WHAT YOU DIDN’T START TODAY!