SPP 242 Self Publishing Year in Review
Released On: December 28, 2016
Don’t you love podcasts where a ton of wisdom is distilled down into one episode? Then you’ll love today’s show. We take a look back at some of our favorite guests from 2016, and the wisdom they shared. What’s more, we do it through the lens of the Smarter Artist, and the 5 elements that makes them succeed.
What are those elements?
Know Your Why
A Smarter Artist will make (or at least try to make) all her decisions through the lens of her own unique purpose and goals.
Do The Work
A Smarter Artist will always roll up his sleeves and take ownership of every step of writing and publishing, either doing the work themselves or hiring smart people, but never abdicating or handing over career decisions to a gatekeeper.
Ask For Help
A Smarter Artist is smart as shit, but never strives to be the smartest person in the room. She surrounds herself with other smart people and isn’t afraid to ask for advice or help.
A Smarter Artist always stays true to who he is, and never presents himself as something he’s not.
Believe in Abundance
A Smarter Artist knows there’s plenty of room for everyone, and that we’ll all get better when we work together, giving, encouraging, and supporting each other along the way.
Want to dig deeper into what you heard today? Here are all the episodes where we got our clips:
- SPP211 The Future of Smarter Artist
- SPP196 Writing to Your Market Versus Writing to Your Muse
- SPP217 Establishing Sustainable Business Practices
- SPP219 Writing the Damn Book with Stacy Nelson
- SPP213 Business for Creatives with Archer Caldwell
- SPP226 The Successful Author Mindset with Joanna Penn
- SPP231 Buying Ads and Building Mailing Lists with Jonny Andrews
- SPP193 Social Media Mastery with Tara Jacobsen
- SPP224 Automation for Authors with Arianna Golden
- SPP230 Writing real cops and crime with Writers Detective Adam Richardson
- SPP182 James Altucher on “Choosing Yourself” for Writers
- SPP188 Gutsy Writing with Leslie Watts
- SPP214 Making the Most with What You Have
- SPP173 Prosperity for Writers with Honoree Corder