AUA03 Ask Us Anything for August 2015
Released On: November 16, 2015
Just like every month, Johnny, Sean, and Dave answer listener questions about creativity, writing, and creating art in general.
- What is the best day of the week to launch a book?
- How should I price books for Kindle monthly deals?
- Do you guys look at budding authors to critique and possibly partner with? If not, who would you recommend?
- Is the S&S website still being redesigned? What WP template do you recommend for authors?
- Is Authorpreneur’s Almanac coming back?
- What were your favorite books growing up and what inspired you to write? I’m especially curious about Dave’s favorites.
- Do you have any resources that can help me learn to write more descriptively?
- How do you rank the importance of a self-hosted website in your marketing plan?
- If I did only one thing to promote my launch, what would that one thing be?
- How do I decide what to blog about, when it comes to fiction?
- I want to update some of my published books. Is it better to un-publish and start new, or update them on Amazon?
- How do you get those first few ‘true fans?’
- Are there any indies out there making thousands of dollars selling paper books?
- I’ve been struggling to get into/back into writing? I’m at a loss of ideas! What do I do?
- Do any of you ever feel responsibility to your characters, like you don’t want to offend them?
- Why do you prefer Mac over PC?
- Please explain that 30-day thing on Amazon again!
- How do you push past your fears and just… PUBLISH?
- How long does the 99 Designs process take from start to finish? How far out do you start working on those things before your book is ready to publish?
- I’m converting a novel to a serial, and I also draw comics. I was thinking about marketing with ‘deleted scenes’ comics; do you think that would work?
- Would you wait to launch a serial until you have a few polished episodes, or just go for it?
- What about a Sterling and Stone app that lets people know immediately when new stuff is released?
- Will you clarify how you do a pre-sell or first week promotion when you have bonus content?
- I’m having trouble getting reviews through my list. Am I attracting the wrong people?
- How do you funnel down a ton of ideas into one solid plan?
- Would you recommend setting up a table and selling books at local sci-fi/fantasy/etc. conventions? Is it worth the time?
- I just got a book about publishing from Amazon, and in the center of it, there were 30 pages about how to buy and convert a shipping container home. Wut?