08 Designing Your Setting
Released On: September 16, 2015
Episode Eight: Designing Your Setting
A great setting can almost become a character in and of itself. It’s important to make a living, breathing setting, just as you would a character.
- What does it mean to have a ‘great setting?’ Johnny, Sean, and Dave discuss examples of settings they loved from fiction, film, and TV, and what made them great.
- They turn to their own work, where setting functions as character.
- Location scouting is a wonderful way to really get a feel for your own setting, and the guys discuss how to do it.
- Setting matters just as much in fantasy as it does in reality.
- Next time, the guys talk about outlining.
Check out the StoryShop app!