SPP206 Have a Tribe and Love Your Tribe
Released On: April 20, 2016
Today the guys recap their experiences and lessons from the Smarter Artist Summit, and what YOU can take away from what they learned.
- Something cool: Dave got a hand-made teddybear with one of his famous quotes; Sean got a new decoy wallet; Johnny’s house sold and he’ll be in Austin in his new place.
- Dave’s takeaways from the Smarter Artist Summit, especially that no one peed on the toilet seats.
- Dave gets WAAAAY too excited about a new podcast that is nothing but 99Designs ads, in the gleeful, evil genius way.
- Sean shares the story of getting Dave to Austin for the Summit.
- Dave 2.0 makes an appearance as he talks about his experience at the Summit in a POSITIVE way.
- Sean shares the behind-the-scenes story about Julia Kent, a guest speaker, and what she was afraid to say to the audience that worked out opposite from what she expected.
- Writers’ communities often are filled with snipers and wannabes, but that was NOT what the guys experienced at the Summit.
- Sean had an emotional experience about his Smarter Artist imprint regarding something he’s been putting off since the beginning, and explains the mind shift – and new direction – that has come as a result.
- Dave rants about no-talents who take others’ ideas, package them up, and sell the information at a premium.
- Sean talks about who the Summit is for (for next year), and what you can take away from it. Is it for un-published writers?
- The guys talk about the logistics of putting together the Summit.