8Q29 Authorpreneur Brian Meeks
Released On: April 19, 2016
Brian Meeks published his first novel in 2011, became a full-time author three years ago, and started writing exclusively last September. He is the author of 12 fiction novels including Underwood, Scotch and Wry, as well the Henry Wood Detective series, a mystery noir series, the Magellan Apocalypse, a space opera, and several others. He is also in the process of penning non-fiction titles to help other writers in collaboration with Honoree Corder.
- What’s your daily routine?
- Production sequence. You said only one draft. How much pre-planning? How much post production?
- What’s your data background? What does it mean to you to be data driven?
- You’re on KDP Select. What’s the reasoning behind that and what would change it?
- Why the pen names?
- Do you write different genres for market reasons or personal reasons?
- Aside from direct sales advertising, what other marketing objectives are there for you, and how to you measure it when there’s no dollar signs?
- What do you want your legacy to be?